Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
BNC Technology Forum 2007: Digitization and the Future of Canadian Publishing
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
BookNet Canada is bringing together a range of people and perspectives to begin examining the issues that will enable publishers, retailers, and industry partners to navigate the emerging environment and determine their position on the digital spectrum:
- Are e-books a revolution in the making, or a solution in search of a problem?
- "Not if but when..." – Market forces, demographic changes, and the rise of digital content.
- Print-on-Demand – When does it work, and who does it work for?
- What changes can we expect to traditional business models and revenue streams?
- How will these changes affect copyright, authorship, and cultural policy?
- What can we learn from other cultural industries that are in the midst of digital transformation?
- What should publishers, distributors, and retailers be doing now to get ready?
"Digital content and digital distribution is shifting the ground beneath our feet, but no one has quite yet crystallized what that means for this industry," notes BookNet Canada CEO, Michael Tamblyn. "This conference will provide an opportunity for all interested parties to get together, get informed, and start talking about what we want our industry to look like five years from now."
This double-track conference is designed for both decision makers and for those who will translate these decisions into action.